YOAST, this is a nightmare. First you made a big mistake releasing plugin update with this media URL mess, that many people suffer from, and that many still are not aware the issue exist as we did not clearly got a notification for the mistake you made.
You created a plugin to help remove media URL from Google fast, but it does not work at all!
I tried even if I was reluctant due to what I was reading, new sitemap was generated with attachment urls, but NONE would return a 410, instead, attachment urls were being indexed and 492 NEW ERRORS in my GOOGLE SEARCH CONSOLE.
Come on guys you made a mistake, it happens, the least would be to provide a working patch, not a bad plugin creating another mess. So much time lost on this it's driving me crazy...
Website related to this issue is YOAST PREMIUM, please get back to me.